Table of Contents
Put me in a hot tub and I am a very happy girl – Ashley Roberts
Life can be a whirlwind. Caught up in the frenzy of work and endless social commitments, sometimes it seems like we’ll never be able to find a spare moment for ourselves.
Even if we do manage to stumble across a brief juncture in our increasingly busy lives that no longer seem to belong entirely to us, all too often, we just let it pass us by and waste it.
Maya Angelou once said “As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands, one for yourself and one for helping others” and she was right.
Finding time to relax and be by ourselves is crucial, but so is finding a way to do it.
That’s why you’ll need a place that you can not only spend your precious you time in but can also share with your friends and family when you need, and want, to be more social.
And that place you need to find? It’s a hot tub.
There’s nothing like shaking off the bonds of the everyday humdrum minutiae by slipping into the comforting, bubble laden, warm waters of a hot tub.
In it’s welcoming embrace, you can literally feel your cares and worries fade away to nothing, which is why our special place is our hot tub.
You owe it to yourself to find your special place too, and that’s why we’ve come up with a list of the best plug and play hot tubs and idle your weekends away in.
It’s time to find some you time. It’s time to find your special place. And it’s time to find your hot tub…
***OUR TOP PICK***
Everything that Intex does is based on quality, value, family, and you time. That’s why they’re one of America’s leading manufacturers of hot tubs and it’s also why their inflatable tubs are so highly prized by tub lovers and spa devotees.
And let’s not forget, inflatable hot tubs are easy to set up and even easier to take down, which means that they live and die by the plug and play handbook.
This seventy-seven-inch hot tub from Intex can be set up wherever you have the space for and want it.
Holding around two hundred gallons of water and weighing in it at close to thousand pounds when full, the Intex has a built-in, simple to understand and use control system that lets you control the one hundred and twenty-eight bubble-making air jets and the temperature range of the water, which can reach a maximum of one hundred and four Fahrenheit.
Comfortable and made from hard-wearing tear and puncture-resistant multi-layered PVC, this Intex Hot Tub has enough room for four fully grown adults, or at least it will if you want to share your tub with anyone else.
Best of all though, when you’re finished using this tub, you can just drain it, fold it and store it until you want to use it again.
- It’s easy to set up, simple to use, and even easier to take down and store when you’ve finished using it.
- Built to last, the Intex is made to be tough enough to deal with all manner of teenage miscreants and tomfoolery.
- And it comes with a cast-iron, worry-proof one year warranty from Intex.
- After it’s been filled, it takes a while for the Intex to reach its maximum temperature of one hundred and four degrees Fahrenheit. And by a while, we mean twenty-four hours, which means that you’ll have to wait for a day after you’ve set it up before you can use your tub. But, the best things in life are worth waiting for, and even though we know a lot can happen in twenty-four hours, what’s a day in the grand scheme of things?
- The filters that the Intex uses need to be replaced at regular intervals, but for all the enjoyment and freedom this tub will give you, it’s a small price to pay.
When it comes to plug and play, all singing and dancing hot tubs, this Intex Purespa Plus model leads the charge.
Big enough for four people, as soon as it arrives in your yard or is set up on your decking, just fill it with water, plug it and the Intex, with a little help from whoever is in charge of the controls, will do the rest.
Made from eco-friendly, thermal plastic with foam insulation, the Intex has 140 soothing high powered jets to massage your muscles into a state of ecstasy and can reach a maximum temperature of one hundred four degrees Fahrenheit.
When darkness falls, you won’t have to abandon your tub, you can just switch the lights on and carry on doing all of the hot tub things you’d normally do during the day.
- It is, as its description says, it’s a plug and play hot tub. Fill it with water, plug it in and you’ll be ready to go.
- We love the fast setup and easy deflation for storage
- Fits up to 4 people, and who doesn’t like that?
- Includes insulated cover, heater/filter/blower/hard water system
- Only comes in one color
The Bestway SaluSpa Vancouver AirJet Plus Inflatable Hot Tub is perfect for soaking sore muscles, unwinding after a hard day at work or as an luxurious and romantic treat to enjoy together.
This fully portable inflatable hot tub can be easily set up indoors or outdoors with its 104° F water temperature that’s soothing massage jets (2 level options).
You don’t even need any tools because this spa comes equipped without them!
You’ll be stuck between wanting to let your days melt away in an orgy of bubble-tastic joy and partying until the small hours with the Saluspa.
But at least the choice will be yours and whatever you want to do, this hot tub will happily help you to achieve it.
- Simple set up and maintenance
- Made for portable usage – easy up and deflation for storage
- Easy to operate with digital control panel and the flow of the jets
- Some say it might be a little bit noisy
When it comes to the outdoor life, few brands have the sort of long term bona-fides that Coleman does. They made their name by fashioning revered camping equipment and having conquered the camping world, they decided to bring things a little closer to home, and the Saluspa is their jaw-dropping entry into the plug and play hot tub universe.
Made from tear and puncture-resistant, highly durable PVC, you just take the SaluSpa out of its packaging, plug its pump in and it’ll auto-inflate in less time than it takes to make a decent cup of coffee. Then all you need to do is fill it with water, switch the SaluSpa on and it’ll take care of everything else.
With one hundred and fourteen air jets, the Coleman will pump out as many or as few bubbles as you want it to and can reach a maximum temperature of one hundred and fourteen degrees and maintain it while up to four fully grown adults relax in it’s spacious, comfortable embrace.
Camping and plug and play hot tubs? Is there nothing that Coleman can’t do?
- It’s a straight forward, simple to use plug and play inflatable hot tub. Plug it in, let it inflate itself, fill it with water and you’ll be relaxing in your hot tub in next to no time.
- Able to reach temperatures of one hundred and four degrees Fahrenheit and with one hundred and fourteen air jets to bubble your cares away with, the main problem you’ll have with the Coleman is trying to keep your friends and family out of it so that you can spend some decent alone time in it. It’ll be difficult, but we’re sure that you can manage it.
- It’s an inflatable hot tub, so when you’re finished with the heat and bubbles and want your yard or deck back, just pull the drain plug, empty it, fold it up and store the SaluSpa until you’re ready to use it again.
- This is tough for us to admit, as we’re Coleman fans but some folks in hot tub land have raised a few concerns about the durability of the SaluSpa. They mainly seem to revolve around the pump’s reliability and the trouble that they’ve had with the terms and conditions of the warranty.
- We guess every Titan has to have a weakness, and they appear to the ones that plague the Coleman.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is A 110 Hot Tub vs. A plug and Play?
Brought to mainstream attention by health spas, gyms, and private clubs during the second half of the twentieth century, hot tubs became increasingly popular and were soon marketed to individuals as an affordable way to bring luxury into their homes.
Historically hot tubs can be traced back to ancient Greece where a primitive variation of the idea was first used in Therma in Ikreria in the fourth century BC as a form of pain relief.
Adopted by Roman culture and also used by early Japanese society, the first hot tubs didn’t appear in America until the nineteen forties.
A 110 hot tub and a plug and play are the same thing because they are a small, purpose-built pool that uses a combination of heat and hydro-jets and air jets that create bubbles to massage and relax its occupants.
A 110 hot tub is a hot tub that is designed primarily for outdoor use that has been purpose-built by its manufacturer to be simple and straightforward to use by its owner.
All the owner of a plug and play/110 hot tub has to do is fill the tub with water, plug it in at the mains and switch it on.
Easy to control and enjoy, plug and play hot tubs come in two different varieties, hard shell, and inflatable and are made to be weather resistant and energy-efficient.
Which 110 Hot Tub Is Right For Me?
That depends on what you want it for.
Do you want your tub to be a permanent addition to your yard or decking, or do you want the convenience of being able to set it up and take it down as and when you want to?
How many people do you want your tub to accommodate or is intended to be purely for personal use?
And what sort of budget do you have in mind for your hot tub?
Hardshell tubs are often far more expensive than their inflatable brethren, so it’s always worth thinking about an inflatable option rather than a traditional, hardshell model.
However, if you were to ask us which we favor, we’d always recommend the hot tub that has pride of place in our yard, the Intex Seventy Seven Inch Portable.
It does everything that a great hot tub should, and it does it at an incredibly affordable price.
Welcome to your special place…welcome to the world of hot tubs!!!